Sketcher Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RogerGarrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerGarrett

I know I've posted three times today with new pics, but I haven't posted any new pics for many a moon - so today is the day to get it done.

Here are my first Sketchers - actually, one is missing. It was purchased before I could take a picture of it. These are:
20072623156_sketchers%20resized.jpg

On the left - spalted red maple from the tree that came down in September

On the right - Macassar Ebony from Derek/Chitswood

Bottom - Mango from Dario

Best,
Roger Garrett

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />Roger, those look great, I just received a supply of those sketch pencils and can't wait to turn a few.

Hey James........

These are really fun to make - maybe the most fun - because they are easy, and they look really funky when your're done with them. I made a couple that were more "straight" - less bulging - but they didn't look right. This shape seemed to be best. [:D]

Take a pic or two of what you eventually make and post 'em - I would love to see your ideas!

Best,
Roger

Stevej72

Nice job, Roger. I like the shape you made them. I didn't post the one I made because I didn't read the directions and put it together with the tube reversed. I guess I thought both bushings were the same diameter.

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by Stevej72
<br />Nice job, Roger. I like the shape you made them. I didn't post the one I made because I didn't read the directions and put it together with the tube reversed. I guess I thought both bushings were the same diameter.

For some reason this sounds familiar...........I think I might have done the same thing the first time around..........

Roger

Rifleman1776

Lookin' good. The artists pencil, I believe, has become the most popular shop/artists pencil kit around. I have made a number of these and use one as my personal shop pencil. As sellers, you can reach a couple markets, artists and men in workshops. I provide my reseller with both the soft and hard leads. BTW, easy to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom