Sketcher Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I needed to put some pencils on my site, so here goes.

200652342232_NightmarePencil.jpg

"California Nightmare"

Thanks for looking and in particularly to those who choose to comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm waiting for the name of the blank too! Is it red,black, blue AND silver/gray or is that part a reflection? Looks like its in the blank to me, but thought I"d ask... Mike has just started carryiing the sketch pencils in his displays--have only sold one so far, but he's only had 2 shows since that time and they garnered much attention--soyou're right in adding it! Mike did his in the Crimson marble & caribbean swirl commerical acrylics. I think doing them in eyepopper acrylics helps in two ways (for sales)--if they're for artists, (as was the one we sold)--the sheer design works...and if its for the workshop, the sheer design stands out among all the wood shavings ! lol

Great work-- LOVE your choice of materials---perfect in all ways!

Johnathan

Are you keeping that blank name a secret? Also, what's up with the name "California Nightmare?" Didn't you know when sleeping in California you only have amazing and relaxing dreams!

Well, unless you wake-up to the whole house shaking![:D][:D]

Scott

Wow, Dude! That pencil is Totally Awesome! Like, where did find that Gnarley Blank?

[:D]

Excellent job, Lou!

Scott.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wow! Thanks to everyone for the generous words. It's a fun pencil to look at. I got the blank as a sampler from one of our suppliers, but I don't know if he's going to carry it or not. I'll drop him a note so if he is he can identify himself as the source. (How's that for deflection?)

As for the colors, I'm going to give it a shot, but remember...I'm color blind.

Orange (maybe), at least 3 shades of blue, purple (I think), gray, silver, beige and black.

William - this was probably one of Tommy Chong's...remember when the government had him arrested and confiscated his art as "paraphenalia used in the drug trade"?

Oh, and the name was not my choice. It was christened that way. [8D]

PenWorks

Stay tuned folks......
Will the real blank person show himself.....
Will Lou cave into the pressure of exposing him......
Only on the next episode of IAP [:D]

Great looking pencil [:)] Wonderfull blank.

Deere41h

WOW I like that. Are you going to share with us where you got that blank or is it home made? Very nice....Thanks for sharing it with us.

EDIT: I just checked out your site ++++ wow all three of those pencils are really nice.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Stay tuned folks......

As "blank people" go, I'm as blank as they get.

Yes, California Nightmare is in my extensive supply (5 or 6 long sticks) that is in inventory. So far, pricing is not established, but since Lou seems to have struck a cord, I'll see if I can figure it out today.

(You see, I buy all this based on cost per kilogram, conversion is not always so simple.)

But, Yes, I have imported "California Nightmare" (our name) and will be selling it-IT VARIES WIDELY FROM ONE BLANK TO THE NEXT-ALL THE COLORS ARE THERE, BUT WHO KNOWS WHICH ONES WILL SHOW UP FOR ANY ONE PEN!!!!

glad ya'll like it!!

I suspect Anthony knew, how many of the rest of you guessed?

angboy

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Stay tuned folks......

As "blank people" go, I'm as blank as they get.

Yes, California Nightmare is in my extensive supply (5 or 6 long sticks) that is in inventory. So far, pricing is not established, but since Lou seems to have struck a cord, I'll see if I can figure it out today.

(You see, I buy all this based on cost per kilogram, conversion is not always so simple.)

But, Yes, I have imported "California Nightmare" (our name) and will be selling it-IT VARIES WIDELY FROM ONE BLANK TO THE NEXT-ALL THE COLORS ARE THERE, BUT WHO KNOWS WHICH ONES WILL SHOW UP FOR ANY ONE PEN!!!!

glad ya'll like it!!

I suspect Anthony knew, how many of the rest of you guessed?

You were one of my suspects!!! [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After the collective "yawn", I guess speed in getting this together is NOT of the essence. However, I will let everyone know tomorrow what the pricing will be. Need to measure the "sticks" in inches, they are, of course, in my shop.

Lots more interesting colors being evaluated. Stay tuned!!!

BigRob777

Lou,
Verrrry nice work. I just bought a bunch of corian, but it doesn't compare to this.

Ed,
Nice blank, now I know where to go, when I'm in a non-wood mood (it doesn't happen very often).

Thanks for sharing,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom