A Six Pack to end the Weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

Hi All,
Got some pens turned this weekend and most of them had a first this or that with each one.
One cigar was turned from spalted maple and was my first successful 6 sided Celtic Knot.
IMG_0183edit.jpgIMG_0203edit.jpg

The next "first" was my first Majestic Jr from PSI.The acrylic is from RhinoPlastics.
IMG_0191edit.jpgIMG_0189edit.jpg

The next is my first Sedona in Gold with walnut.
IMG_0193edit.jpg

The next two pens are LeRoi kits and I was able to make my first set of waterslide decals.I wish I could do better with the pictures and show them off better.I am happy with the resulting pens.
IMG_0196edit.jpgIMG_0197edit.jpgIMG_0185edit.jpg

The next is a Vertex Click in Gunmetal.The wood is spalted maple and dyed with RIT fabric dye(another first).I saw a thread earlier this week where a pen was dyed with TransTint purple that looked very awesome and it inspired me to try the dye routine.I chose to be frugal and was able to get about 6 different dye colors in 8 oz bottles for less than one 2 oz. bottle of TransTint.The colors may not be as intense but I think they should serve the purpose well.And JoAnn Fabrics is alot closer than Woodcraft or Rockler.
IMG_0171edit.jpg
I also made a Creekline in Chrome using another of Jonathon Brooks' most fantastic blanks.To me I think of a Creamsickle each time I look at this pen.
IMG_0182edit.jpg

I also have made a couple of the new stylus pens 1 in a Wall Street and 1 using the mini kit and installing on a slimline.These are in product testing and I must say I am happy with both on my HP tablet as well as on my HTC Droid phone.I have to test them on the GPS as that is the unit that gives me the most problems typing.
Sorry no pics yet.
My other first is using the manage attachments and dropping the thumbnails in the text.
Comments and critiques most welcome.
Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom