Six new ones from the weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

Some pretty pink ones for mother's day and breast cancer auction pens. the blanks were cast using flouro pink dye with some neutral pearlex like powder to give depth. The difference in final colour comes from the GR Gent having brass tubes, the Sierra white tube and the Streamline had black tubes.

1_flouro_pink_set.jpg

1_flouro_pink_JR_GentII.jpg

Next are some more JR Gents in Tiger Myrtle, Cocobolo and one of my blue cast Banksias. Unfortunately I forgot to blacken the tubes on the banksia.

1_3_JR_gents.jpg

1_Tiger_Myrtle_JR_Gent.jpg

1_Cocobolo_JR_Gent.jpg

1_Blue_Banksia_JR_Gent.jpg

Cheers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Neil

They all came out very well. As always nice fit and finish. Out of this bunch I am partial to the wood pens. Nice work with the photos as well. Thanks for showing.

JimB

Great looking pens. I appreciate that you explained the different tubes in the pink pens. It really shows how the tube color effects the final outcome.

Dai Sensei

Thanks for the comments, my favorite would be the Cocobolo.

Real nice looking. I think that leaving the tube unpainted allows the Banksia to show, otherwise it would be too dark to appreciate it.

The fill for the banksia is actually bright blue, the photo doesn't show it that well, the banksia is also a lot lighter. Wish I had taken the photo in the sunlight rather than the tent. The brass unfortunately gives some of the blue a brass tinge where they are very thin on the lower tube, whereas black tubes give a true blue colour, and white tubes makes them even brighter.

Top Bottom