Single Barrel Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

Looking back over some of the old posts I finaly figured out how this was done..Thanks everyone for your inspiration

20078213335_padslim.jpg

Single Barrel slimline in Paduk and blackwood
ca/blo finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

slimNICE! Yep, that style will start showing up a lot around here. I think it's a marketing conspiracy by the often downtrodden slimline makers to create a fresh buzz over the kits! [}:)]

Texatdurango

Originally posted by txbatons
<br />slimNICE! Yep, that style will start showing up a lot around here. I think it's a marketing conspiracy by the often downtrodden slimline makers to create a fresh buzz over the kits! [}:)]
I think it's great! We newbies are thinking outside the box, trying new things.... only to find out they have all been done before. But at least we're having fun and thinking and who knows, one of us might just come up with a design or look that has not been done before!

splinter99

Thanks everyone..Eric, those are used Harbor Freight gift cards(credit cards)
I had them save the redeemed ones for me and in a week, brought home about 200 of them

leehljp

Member Liaison
Do you have a tutorial, or is there a specific tutorial here that you used? I did a search on this forum and only found three that listed "single barrel slimline." None gave a tutorial or basic description of how it is done. I think I could do it from experimenting but I know it would be a lot of trail and error.

A Tutorial would help and I personally think it would be a great addition to the archives.

splinter99

Hank..I'll try to explain..only the upper brass tube is glued to the blank..the bottom
brass tube is assembled (insert nib and transmission) this will then just push into the finished wooden barrel( the top of the transmission presses into the bottom of the brass tube and that holds it together) the ink cartridge is retracted bty twisting the nib

hope that helps

Stevej72

Harold, You did an awesome job on that pen. I love the woods you chose, the design and that finish is great. I can't wait to try and see if I can make one.

ahoiberg

way to bring back the style harold... i've been wanting to turn one like that and you had definitely provided the inspiration! kudos, it's a real beauty.

keapople

Harold;

Thanks for the explanation...nice work...
One question: did you use a temporary brass tube in the bottem when you turned it? Seems like it would be pretty fragile on the lathe...

Kirby

splinter99

Sorry I didnt answer you sooner Kirby but yes I did use a temporary tube while turning it.
Thanks everyone for all the wonderfull comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom