Since the shop was warmed up anyway.. LOL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Since the shop was warmed up anyway and USPS delivered my stabilized wood from River Ridge I decided to see how it turns...
Here are two Perfect Fit Convertible TN Gold...
one in curly koa and the other spalted red elm that I had River Ridge stablilize... I will never, repeat NEVER, do my own stabilizing again after getting these back... they turned like a dream... Both were just sanded to 800grit, 2 coats of CA, sanded to 12000MM and then Hut Plastic Polish... probably could have done without the CA, but I wanted to get the most out of the koa..
I also have some spalted beech, curly eucalyptus, curly maple, spalted curly maple, curly redwood, spalted red oak and some corn cobs in the batch.. those will have to wait until I get caught up on some other work that has to be done that I was supposed to do today.

200531221492_PFSet.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Your cut and snip still takes away from the clarity of the pictures.

Does anyone else have a problem seeing the pens clearly??? or any of the pens that I have posted..

Travlr7

Tom....in answer to you question about clearity. I don't know what program you use. I had problems with mine, so went to a scanner. You get something, but lose flexibility in how you present the pen.

Your picture does not have a clearity problem. If anything, it might be a little sharp. I got that problem when I enlarged a photo. The thing that happens is that the edge lines start getting a serrated look to them.

These comments are not detracting from the obvious quality of your work. The depth of finish really shows off the grain and the profile is clean and pleasing to the eye. You also have a pleasing way of presenting the pen.

Friendly and hopefully constructive comments from

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom