'Simplicity' mark 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

I must say, this 'simplicity' design just keeps coming back to me - something about it really appeals to me.

Anyhow, here is another version of this design, in the same rust and black acrylic as I used on one of the pens I previously posted, but with a custom nib section :p to match the rest of the pen. It is posing here with a lovely 18k Meister nib.

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

I love the simple design! But the simple part stops with the profile and the skill of your kitless work takes over. Absolutely amazing and inspiring! I wishfully look forward to achieving that level of advanced pen making. Thanks so much for showing particularly with the awesome photography. Regards, Doc

MartinPens

Amazing work! Someday I would like to be able to make a pen like that. Clean and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it - the photos are fantastic. I would also like to know what you are using to do your thread work.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

drgoretex

Thanks for the kind words!

Lorbay and Martin - The threading was done on my wood lathe (not powered :) ) with tap and die.

Cheers

Ken

drgoretex

Martin - no, not triple start...yet. Waiting for the group buy to finish :)

The pens I have been doing lately were done mostly with M10 x 1 and 1/2" 28 tpi.

Ken

Top Bottom