Simple white slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

It was "Suggested" by my wife that I make a slim out of the antler for her cousin's wife. The suggestion was made the night before they headed home so I got the tubes glued in and finished the next day. Because I had so much else to do, like go get a new coffee maker when mine would not make coffee this morning and get the house cleaned up as she is coming home it was probably one of my faster pens (about 3 hours)

Deer antler on a ti gold slim. CA finish. A hint of bark showing under the clip where the antler that I thought was thick enough wasn't. A little more curve than I thought. She loved the pen and he liked the one I made him. They did take a bunch of my business cards to pass out when they show off the pens at work.

2347.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

I would ditto the comments on the rings - the look incredibly classy. Very nice result here.

Ken

ctubbs

White, yes. Simple, not so! That is very possibly the best looking slimline I have ever seen! Makes me ashamed to show some of mine. The over sized top and the three rings is beautiful. Great job and thanks for showing.
Charles

firewhatfire

It looks good. almost makes me want to turn some of that foul smelling stuff. did you use the Euro center bushing to get your size for the center or just eyeball it? I have a couple tubed and ready to turn and was thinking of doing something similar.

seamus7227

Nice work!! I must agree with the others that this has got be one of the simplest and yet classiest slimlines i have seen! very well done!

Rick_G

It looks good. almost makes me want to turn some of that foul smelling stuff. did you use the Euro center bushing to get your size for the center or just eyeball it? I have a couple tubed and ready to turn and was thinking of doing something similar.

I do most of my slims this way and use the euro bushings to get me close. Also use a pinchuck for the cap so I can cut into the end of the cap and let the barrel slide inside a little.

SteveWatson

Very nice! I totally agree ctubbs...Im gonna have to try a slimline and ditch that puny center ring. I have made a number of white tail antler pens but have never had one that nice and white. Beautiful pen!

This makes me to want to reconsider slimlines. Way to go Rick... (I feel like I am complimenting "myself" as I type this) :wink:

Same first and last names wouldn't have anything to do with it:biggrin:

I was sure most of the other readers wouldn't understand that statement, but glad you did :biggrin: you really did do a wonderful job on this. I love the center band.

Top Bottom