Simple Spalted Tribute to Dad -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LL Woodworks

LL Woodworks

Nothing exciting here - This is an Atrax RB kit that I stripped down using only the nib and CB; turned both ends closed and buried a clip. Now for the rest of the story! One of the last physical things my Dad did before passing last week was to move around some wood from a dead Black Gum tree he had cut down. This pen is from a portion of that tree, as can be seen it is beautifully spalted. The scalloped section is Texas Ebony and Aluminum. I have tons of this and plan to make some beautiful pen boxes. Dad R.I.P. - WE miss you!

Lynn

Attachments

• tn_DSCN0093.JPG
    tn_DSCN0093.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 205
  • tn_DSCN0095.JPG
    tn_DSCN0095.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

That is a nice looking pen. You did a great job on the clip and the grain is perfectly lined up also. I like seeing the lighter wood with the dark lines through it personally. All pens are beautiful in their own way.

Charlie_W

Absolutely beautiful pen! Wood and workmanship! I am sure your dad would have been proud to have seen this tribute. May God give you peace.

Jim Burr

Banned
Can't follow the Nothing exciting part Lynn, it is a beautiful pen! With the story of your dad behind it...all the better!

Top Bottom