Simple does it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

Here's a simple acrylic pen I made this past weekend for a fellow. It's made from "Neon" acrylic purchased from exotic blanks, and has a bronze clip that I fabricated. It has a #6 Jowo nib.

I like these projects because they allow me to slow down and think about shapes, rather than falling into the trap of focusing on ornamentation.

Attachments

• DSC_1091.jpg
    DSC_1091.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC_1092.jpg
    DSC_1092.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC_1093.jpg
    DSC_1093.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_1094.jpg
    DSC_1094.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice John. The profile has just enough taper to make it appealing and not simply a "tube turned into another tube". The subtle curved lines are appealing to me.

And as always, the custom clip is an elegant touch.

magpens

Very well done, John !!! . I too appreciate simplicity ... this pen is gorgeous in its simplicity.

jalbert

Very nice John. The profile has just enough taper to make it appealing and not simply a "tube turned into another tube". The subtle curved lines are appealing to me.

And as always, the custom clip is an elegant touch.

Thanks Mark! I have come to really enjoy doing simple pens, but then spending the time to fabricate a custom clip for them. I think it really sets the pen off, and creates a nice focal point.

jalbert

Beautiful work!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Thanks!

Wonderful Work Brother!!

Thanks Ernie!
Very well done, John !!! . I too appreciate simplicity ... this pen is gorgeous in its simplicity.

Thanks Mal!
Awesome combination and work!

Thanks!
I really like that!:)
Thanks!

Beautiful! I too prefer simple and elegant. I also love the flawless low sheen finish, very nicely done.
Thank you! The finish is more of a trick of the lighting— I don't like photographing my pens to capture the high shine of the finish . I feel like it detracts from the detail of the material.

Top Bottom