Silver & Wine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gofer

Gofer

Well I finally got a couple hours to play today (first chance in about 5-6 weeks:bulgy-eyes:) My wife was wondering what she could give a friend who is retiring after twenty some years at the local hospital.

I thought ... What do all women like??? Jewelry and Wine were the first thing that came to mind. So the best I had with that in mind was a Stirling Silver Baron rollerball kit wrapped in a custom blank. The blank is Red Shiraz Vine with a nice PR mix, made by George (robutacion).

1_silver___wine.JPG

My photo skills need major work because the sparkle in the white areas just won't show on the camera for me, nor does the depth of the finish. I have a long way to go the get the finishes I see done by others here but it is coming.

All comments welcome, including constructive criticism.

Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Great work Bruce...!:wink:

Is always nice to see how the blanks (Resifills), turn out and that one come out full of character, as most of the Vine blanks, provide...!

I can see what you mean about the sparkles in the white not showing on the pic but, remember that some colours/effects are very difficult to capture by photo, at least for most of us, average to well under, capable photographers...!:frown:

I had a look on my sample (pic attached) that I keep from every batch and, I've got a couple of pics where the sparkles show a little bit, among that "Shocking Pink" colour, floating through so, don't worry, those are the type of blanks that unless you hold it in your hand, one never can appreciate it in full, together with a really good fit and finish you done on that nice kit, the recipient will certainly appreciate it...!:wink::biggrin:

Keep up the good work, and I hope that you can get to your wood turning and pen making, in the near future...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_0604_(1).jpg
    100_0604_(1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom