Silver and Synthetic Opal on Casein

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

Finally was able to complete this genuine silver kit with synthetic opals, kit was from Silver Pen Parts, and the Casein blank from Exotic Blanks.
I chose the Casein on advice from another turner here in Australia (Fred), he said it would show up the kit in good light, and I think he was right, (thanks Fred).
This being a more expensive kit than usual, I took my time with measurement and fitting, the parts are made deliberately slightly smaller in diameter than the tube they are to fit in, reason being that Silver is soft and we didn't want to squash the silver fittings, therefore I used thick CA(because it takes longer to set) and fitted the parts that way.
Meanwhile, sure hope you like it, Amos
SilverandOpalinCasein16cm.jpg

top.jpg

silvercaseinopal.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Amos, I haven't made a slim in years but yours just might give me a reason to, that is outstanding.
Both you and Mike did the slim proud.

wizard

Amos,
Absolutely beautiful !! I have yet to make a slimline pen. But I think I just found the inspiration to do it! Really like that kit...oops...I meant components. Thanks so much for showing. Doc

IPD_Mrs

Pretty darn good!! I don't normally like slims because they are a bit smallish - but that one I would use.... Great work by both of you.

U-Turn

Amos - outstanding. Don't like slim pens but you have encouraged me to take some on this weekend.
By the way, I use the same tag line on the back of my business card - great one!!

Top Bottom