Silver Snake Clip - Cigar PEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mredburn

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I started this quite a while back and its been sitting in its job tray waiting for me to finish. I finally got a breather last night and decided to finish it up. This is the clip I had shown being made going through the processes i use. Solid Sterling Silver hardware except the transmission coupler which is silver plated. I get them through Woodnwhimsies. Easy Flow refill from ED. Walnut crotch for the blank. I have some room for improvement. The CA finish is slightly proud of the hardware. I turned the wood down flush and then a little more plus sanding but the CA came out just a little bit bigger.
cigarsnake1.jpg

cigarsnake9.jpg
cigarsnake7.jpg

cigarsnake3.jpg

Close up of the head and tail.
cigarsnake2.jpg
cigarsnake5.jpg

Enjoy, comments welcome, questions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Wow so that is nice. That's the kind of stuff I need to see in order to figure out how to use your parts. Could you make a clip that looked like a cigar leaf that would go with our other parts.

are all the parts your making? Also, is that a cigar kit?

Thanks.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If I knew what a cigar leaf looked like probably.:biggrin:

I forgot to answer the last question. I buy the tubes, tranny and tranny coupler, and refill, the other parts I make.

The center band is made wide enough and then cut inside, so that i completly covers the transmission coupler.

Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom