See more from kruger

kruger

turquoise and ebony slimline pen

2008223135319_turquoise%20et%20ebene1.jpg

2008223135348_turquoise%20et%20ebene2.jpg

all comments are welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Nice pen, But who is the little guy helping you?;) By the way I woudl like to see some descussions here about proportions when it comes to segmenting, or adding bands etc.
I know it can be a controversial subject, and in the end it is amatter of taste. but the guidlines for proportions can go a long way toward eleminating trial and error in work like this. I see a lot of work that shows some really good cratsmanship but still misses that snap that another piece of simular design will have. the difference is better proportions or balance in the design. "the golden mean" or whatever you want to call it. The eye is accustom to seeing certain proportions. A better understanding of that for all will lead to more satisfying outcomes. Just a random thought from that cespool of useless information I call my mind.

kruger

Originally posted by Daniel

Nice pen, But who is the little guy helping you?;) By the way I woudl like to see some descussions here about proportions when it comes to segmenting, or adding bands etc.
I know it can be a controversial subject, and in the end it is amatter of taste. but the guidlines for proportions can go a long way toward eleminating trial and error in work like this. I see a lot of work that shows some really good cratsmanship but still misses that snap that another piece of simular design will have. the difference is better proportions or balance in the design. "the golden mean" or whatever you want to call it. The eye is accustom to seeing certain proportions. A better understanding of that for all will lead to more satisfying outcomes. Just a random thought from that cespool of useless information I call my mind.

Good morning, I needed more time to translate this message and understand it that to make a pen.:D
The small figures who hold the pen are those who pick up shaving in my workshop.
They are fabricated by a friend artist who displays in her gallery in Switzerland and who sell me my pens.
Concerning the slimline, assemblage follows an angle of 40 °.
More than 40 ° is less balanced and less than 40 ° is too raw.
The low party is lightly longer than ordinarily, 5mm.
And general form corresponds to the diamêtre chosen by the purchaser. The rest is an affair of respect for proportions.
It is necessary that the fountain pen speaks to the eye
furthermore he must be balanced in the hand and comfortable to write.
It is as the dreamcars in the motorized living rooms, the fashion designers can be delirious over, but we do not find all drawings in the everyday car.
They cannot eliminate all risks of error and trials when they want to advance. They pass by the reproduction of models and they evolve towards his own style even if some customer want to buy more classical pens.
The turner must make shaving, he must fill her box with fruitless tries or put them of quoting to think about it.
He must especially have a mind full of new plans to be shaped.[:eek:)]

Thank you for asking me the next questions in French. Will be much simpler for me to answer it. Knowing that you all know French.:D

Top Bottom