Silver Slim with Alternative Opal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

This is the second Slim in Genuine Silver, from Mike at Silver Pen Parts, just need to sell it so I can get more!:eek: This time round I have tried to make the Slim--slimmer than last time. Hope you like it, Amos:)
SilverSlim8.jpg

SilverSlim6.jpg

SilverSlim3.jpg

SilverSlim13.jpg

SilverSlim7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurnaPen

David, unfortunately it is not me who set the opals!!!Mike did that, and I know the ladies will like it, but pricing is the issue, to make it enough to make it worthwhile, and just enough to get them to buy. Amos:)

76winger

I was going to ask ask but Seamus beat me to it. Very nice casein / Silver / Opal slimline Amos!

Is that a signature under the clip? I've been considering doing something like that on mine, but haven't decided the best way yet.

TurnaPen

Dave, that is my signature under the clip, I determine how the pen will be put together, then Laser Engrave Signature, back fill with some colour and thenput pen together.
As for placement, I found customers not keen on signature on the side---unless my name is Leonardo Da Vinci!. So I put it under the clip, another place that is good is on the top finial, or on the Metal Clip, certain factors involved if it is the top finial, need a flat area, On the clip need a Metal engraver of some kind. Amos:)

Christian

Without doubt a beautiful pen. I find the clip looks a little "heavy" for the kit but only my opinion and does not take away from a beautiful item.

Chris

TurnaPen

Christian, I know what you are saying, to get something more "light" or "Elegant", the silver portion has to be "trimmed" to about half of what it is now, the only problem with that is :- Will there be enough strength in the silver? silver being a soft metal might tend to break??? I will race off and ask Mike. thanks for asking that question and making the comments. Amos:)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The thickness of the clip is a balance. THe clip is 4mm wide x 3mm thick. Thinner clips are possible, standard silver would bend easily. Argentium Silver is stiffer but brittle in thinner pieces and I have had some issue with thin clips made in Argentium Breaking. With the Opal inlay the opal itself should help give the clip some rigidity but that is one of those details that you have to work out a little at a time. How much is to much and how much is to little. Part of the fun is trying to find the right balance.

Top Bottom