Silver Pen prize from the 8th annual Birthday Bash.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 76winger

76winger

I've been busy and just got this completed this morning. it's my prize 8th annual Birthday Bash drawing held earlier this year.

Here are several views 5 of my finished Silver pen I won in this years Birthday Bash. The blank is an Indian Princess blank from PSI I had sitting around just waiting on the right pen to put it on. I think the colors of it complement the silver parts quite well without taking attention away from those silver details. Clicking on the images will take you to the larger versions in MPA.

This is also the first pen I've turned my own cap finial and clip insert.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

In this view I see the face of an old man with a long beard looking upwards. Do you see him?

Thanks to Michael Redburn of silverpenparts.com for this donation to the host of prizes!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

absolutely a stunning combination! Very well done Dave. Im a little interested in the brass barrels, what are the protrusion pieces on them?

76winger

James,
Yes it's a brittle material like inlace. I usually trim those down to round with the gouge, then switch over to the skew to finish shaping and sizing. Normally don't have any problems when I do it that way, but still have to keep them sharp and go slow just to be safe.

Seamus,
The brass protrusions are the bushings he made to go with the set. They were pretty much spot on, but it's becoming habit to grab the calipers and double check everything as I progress "just in case".

D.Oliver

I'm really glad you turned your own finial and clip insert. Those two touches really add a lot to the pen.

Top Bottom