"Silver Mine" on Platinum Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mbroberg

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I picked up this blank, called, "Silver Mine", from Exotic Blanks. If you ever turn one of these heed the instructions to paint the tubes and reverse paint the blank. By the time it is turned to size the silver is pretty sparse!

I was going for a kinda scarlet and gray look, I think it ended up with more of a Christmas look.

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Mike, your turning skills are spot on, the finishing also spot on...the blank ....well 2 out of 3:wink:.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks Mike!!!!!

Both the Silver mine and the Gold Rush are from DurocShark (Don) who is "evolving" the process from generation to generation.

We (Exotics) hope to help him control more accurately the final outcome. In the ideal world, Don will be able to produce these in "sparse" (as this one turned out) and more "intense" (I have a gold one where you can barely see the tube). That way you can pick the look you prefer.

But, at the moment, it is a "work in progress". Don is buying more equipment and doing more experiments and we hope we are giving him some help.

All comments welcome!!! Call it "product development"!!

Thanks,

Ed

wiset1

I agree with Jeff, while it looks good a denser version may offer that "WOW" factor.

Top Bottom