Silver Meets Copper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Awhile back there was some discussion about a unique idea that Seamus7227 has developed in making stae quarter blanks for some beautiful pens. The discussion grew abit off track and he had challenged me to show another way to thin quarters and I had mentioned they could be cut with a scroll saw and here is part of the topic. http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76785&highlight=cutting+quarters&page=5

The point of this thread was that I returned the challenge to him in that I would like a NJ quater attached to one of my copper braided blanks thinking this might look cool. He met the challenge with his artful success as usual.

Well I finally got a few minutes of shop time today to spin this blank and mount it on a platinum Sierra Vista kit. I think it came out quite well and would like to personally thank him for the blank and accepting the challenge and running with it. His work speaks for itself. Sorry but I was unable to take too much time with the photos but I am sure you will get the picture.

Thanks for looking.

CopyofIMGP0808.jpg

CopyofIMGP0812.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP0808.jpg
    IMGP0808.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMGP0812.jpg
    IMGP0812.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMGP0814.jpg
    IMGP0814.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Wow john! That turned out great! its so hard to truly capture the intricate work on those quarters in the pictures. But you really did a great job with that! When I get home later I will put one of those pics on my site!

Top Bottom