Silver Marble Jr Retro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

This is CSUSA's new Jr. Retro rollerball in Rhodium. I picked up a few kits in Provo as well as some nickel plated tubes which I used in this kit. The material is Silver Marble which doesn't look anything at all like the picture in the catalog. I kind of like the kit, but I'm not sure about the acrylic.

200771222649_PICT0263.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry,

You did an ourstanding job as always,I like the acrylic and have turned a few of the Retros now and still haven't made up my mind if I like them or not.

LanceD

Gerry, I like the kit very much and your pen came out perfect. I ordered some kits and also several packs of the nickel tubes and am wondering , since I haven't used the nickel tubes yet, did you notice if you had any issues with bubbles from the glue showing throuh ? I can't tell from the photo.

gerryr

Lance, yes bubbles can show with this material. I know they're bubbles but I doubt any customers would know. If I use this material again, I plan to paint the blank, but I don't know what color I would use yet.

thewishman

Nice looking pen. I like to leave the brass tubes unpainted with that blank - looks mother-of-pearl-ish.

Thumbs up, it looks good with the nickel plated tubes.

Chris

Tanner

I like it!! I see the silver and the kit makes it stand out. I have not purchased any Retro kits yet, however, after see this pen, I believe I will place an order. Thanks for sharing.

johncrane

Gerry!!
great looking pen mate as always l think white tubes would be ok, also is the size of the kit the same as JR Statesman' one more do you have a close up picture of the clip end cap.[:D]

redfishsc

Gerry, you are right that the blank looks nothing like the catalog. I got the exact same thing two weeks ago. I painted the tube black. It was a Euro-style. I rarely make Euros and I got the tubes upsidedown (the long tube was the upper tube)--- needless to say it was a weird looking pen that didn't go into the "for sale" batch. It did, however, make a nice gift for a friend.

Overall, I like the Jr Retro. The shape is nice.

mick

Great looking pen! I've also had the problems with bubbles showing when using that blank, I've since started painting the inside of my blanks white. It really enhances the look of the blank!

gerryr

Johncrane wanted to see a close-up of the cap. The black part differs a lot from the Jr. Gent/Baron. This one is a dome and stands up higher than on the Jr. Gent.

200773455_PICT0266.jpg

redfishsc

Seeing them in person is much better than seeing them in a pic. The catalog pic for the Retro is aweful. Once you make one and hold it you will see. It has a beefier look than the Jr Gent. I like the statesman clip as well.

Someone asked what the dome was made of-- it looks to me to be standard issue black epoxy, or perhaps acrylic. Hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom