Silver, Gold and Copper gilded Sienna

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marko50

Marko50

I tried my hand at gilding and I must say, I kind of like the end result. It's not real difficult to do, but it does take patience! I layered gold, copper and silver flake on the tube and that translated into about nine layers in total to get the right look and to ensure all the brass was covered.

I can't make up my mind whether the gold or black titanium looks best. What are your thoughts? The kit I used is the "Sienna" from CSUSA.

Attachments

• DSC_5020.jpg
    DSC_5020.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC_5021.jpg
    DSC_5021.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC_5030.jpg
    DSC_5030.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_5031.jpg
    DSC_5031.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My Mother has a gold/flake-inlayed picture that she loves. It looks very similar to this - and is beautiful.

I will vote for the Gold Titanium when using a bit of the gold flake. This is a subdued blank, but takes me back 30 years. Very nice Mark!!!

MikeL

I've tried that also. I made a couple kitless with guilding and patination. Inspiration came from David Marks. I bought one of his patination kits. His work on turned vessels is awesome if you're interested in continuing your efforts. He would probably inspire you as well. You're pens look great!

Lady_Acoma

I will be the dissenting opinion and say that I like the titanium better. I am not a fan of gold ever though so there is that.

Both pens are amazing. Well done.

Marko50

I really appreciate the kind words

Thanks for the kind words folks. It's much appreciated and provided a much needed lifting of my spirits this week!:)

Top Bottom