Silver Dream on a Sedona ClosedEnd Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Once again, been trying to update the website with photo's of some of the blanks the LOML has been pouring. So, I figured, heat up the garage and turn something! Had a Platium Sedona kit that has been burning a hole in my pocket...think it goes with this blank okay. This is what I came up with....probably not my best shape, but I have been getting tired of see the same ol', same ol'.....

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

The finish isn't perfect, had an issue with the MicroMesh(seems it can only sit in water for so long before it dies:frown:). And yes, I didn't put the cloth in the front of the lightbox to hide the camera in the reflection of the cap(errrr)

Comments/critique always welcome!

Scott (wet sanding is messy) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I think the shape is great. You must be trying to horde the market on spare pen parts based on the number of closed ends you've been making lately.

SDB777

I think the shape is great. You must be trying to horde the market on spare pen parts based on the number of closed ends you've been making lately.

That's no kidding! At least some of those little baggies the parts come in are being used for further storage!

Beautiful piece of work and thank you for sharing. The shape is fine as frog hair split three ways.
Charles

Thank you sir, your very kind.

I like the shape a lot! I also like the kit a lot! I like the pen A LOT!!!
Oh and your wife does some fine pouring.

She starting in on her third gallon of the stuff trying to keep inventory up. And I'd have to admit...I don't think she's made a 'dud' yet!

Scott: what kind of light box are you using? I might have an ace in the hole you'd like to play!

I don't recall the brand mane, but it's one of them that come with three different interior colors(plus white), and I think it's almost 30" cubed. It comes with a zipped front door thingy, and I just got lazy after being out in the cool garage all morning(made a load of bottle stoppers too).

Very nice pen Scott.

Thank you for the nice words.

Love the look of the pen!! great job!

Hopefully this hobby side of the thing won't turn into a job(if you know what I mean):biggrin: Thanks for the nice words!

Scott (turnin' turnin' turnin'...keep them fires burnin') B

Top Bottom