Silver Dream on a roller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

This is just too much fun. And I sure needed some 'R&R' from the real job....

Silver Dream on a Jr. Gent 1 Chrome rollerball:

I could have used some reverse painting, but as cold as it was today in the shop(garage), I feel it would have taken the better part of a week to get the stuff to dry. Didn't have any chrome colored tubes(I'll need to order some more of those I guess).... So I turned it the way it was. The photo actually shows the brass tube much more then just looking at the pen in the same light?

Thanks for looking, and as always, feel free to C&C this!

Scott (too lazy to paint) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

yeah I can see the brass a bit. I like the colors though. When it's this cold I'll stick my painted tubes in the toaster oven for a bit. Usually under 100 degrees for 10mins or so. Helps alot!

SDB777

After cooking that paint. I'm guessing it takes quite sometime to cool down to be able to turn it? At least without turning the blank into butter.

Scott (taps/dies are soon in coming) B

jjjaworski

A very nice pen. Seeing the brass tubes doesn't seem to distract from the blank and seems to work with it.

Even though I am in Southern NM it is getting a bit cool in my garage so I paint and epoxy outside and bring stuff inside to dry and cure. I have spent too many hours working in a cold garage on projects when I lived in Buffalo.

Top Bottom