Silent Auction Item

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here is a pen my wife asked me to make for her. It's going to be placed in an upcoming silent auction for the Hitchcock Woods Foundation here in Aiken. We're a big equine town and the Hitchcock Woods is one of the largest urban forests in the US. There's about 70 miles worth of trails for horses, hikers, jogging, etc. The auction is to help keep the woods the way it is today since it is a free resource for us.

So I decided to finally turn this blank set I got from Patty Sole. Being a horse scene I though it'd be a perfect item. It's on a Triton Rollerball.

DSC05221 (796x900).jpgDSC05225 (739x900).jpgDSC05227 (845x900).jpgDSC05223 (900x893).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scottsheapens

Jonathan, once again you have outdone the amazing with your work. This is spectacular. Wish I could afford the set up of blank making so I could come down and learn from the master.

Charlie_W

Beautiful! First Class! Great match up with the components too! You and Patty make a superb team!

I have turned some of Patty's blanks and commissioned her to paint some blanks for us. First class!

Last edited:

Sawdust1825

Wow!!! That's one of the best pens I have saw here or anywhere. Curious how the scene was created. I hope it captivates the crowd that it's meant for and they bid it up.

Brooks803

Jonathan, once again you have outdone the amazing with your work. This is spectacular. Wish I could afford the set up of blank making so I could come down and learn from the master.

Thanks Jim! You're welcome to come down anytime. Even if you don't have your setup. My door is always open. You can come down...do some casting...get addicted like EVERYONE else has and go down the rabbit hole with us :clown:

Wow!!! That's one of the best pens I have saw here or anywhere. Curious how the scene was created. I hope it captivates the crowd that it's meant for and they bid it up.

Wow...thank you! That's quite the statement. I'm honored :biggrin:

GaryMGg

Hi Jonathon
The pen is certainly gorgeous.
The reason for making it really shines.
Judy and I stayed at a B & B in Aiken on one our vacations some years ago.
It's a beautiful area, worthy of your effort.

SDB777

Not to sound like an idiot here, but whom is Patty Sole? Is she a member here or did you commission her to do the painting?

Sorry, just never heard the name mentioned before....amazing job painting something round and very small!

Scott (hope it makes a few cha-chings) B

Brooks803

Not to sound like an idiot here, but whom is Patty Sole? Is she a member here or did you commission her to do the painting?

Sorry, just never heard the name mentioned before....amazing job painting something round and very small!

Scott (hope it makes a few cha-chings) B

Patty used to be a guest artist for one of the vendors here. I met her at the 1st MAPG a couple of years ago. A mutual friend of ours actually had the blank done for me way back then and gifted it to me. I just never did anything with it until now. You can see some of her larger work on her site: Fine Art by Patty Sole: Gallery

JohnU

Last edited:
Top Bottom