Signature Series - Tiger Coral

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

Introducing this Series of Coral Writing Instruments. First Up the Tiger Hound FP, a full sized Rho/BlkTi Statesman, dressed in Genuine Tiger Coral. Segmented with Macassar Ebony to tie in the deep brown and black streaking of the coral. Finished off with CA and a 6 mm Bock Polished Nib. These pens are quite the task on tools, as we are basically working with stone here. This will Technically be the second coral pen that I have made, but there will be many more in the future, Please Stay Tuned. C&C Welcome.

Attachments

• TIGER ad.jpg
    TIGER ad.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 264
  • tcoral.jpg
    tcoral.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 273
  • coral1.jpg
    coral1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 193
  • cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 164
  • bottomfinial.jpg
    bottomfinial.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Intriguing design. Would really like to see it capped to observe the segmenting and concave portion, and how it all works together. Looks quite nice! Turning rock (coral) has to be a lot of fun. Does the mess spread far from the lathe? I would fear the grit getting into everything, even with a good vac system.

jmbaker79

As requested, didnt even realize that there was not one posted of it capped...I take so many photos, its hard to pick 5 sometimes!

Attachments

• coral1.jpg
    coral1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 234

OZturner

What an Intriguing Pen, Justin,
Love the Coral and Ebony segments they work exceedingly well.
IMHO, I would prefer if the Ebony section on the Pen, wasn't waisted, but turned similar to that of the Cap.
This waisting seems to be unnecessary, and detracts from the General Aesthetic Line of the Pen
Congratulations on breaking this new ground.
Brian.

jmbaker79

Brian, are you speaking of the metal segment on the body? I completely agree, I glued up the cap and forgot the aluminum, just got in a hurry! Wasnt much to do about it and figured I would see it through. I have been thinking of making a different cap for this one, maybe solid ebony with 2 small bands of tiger coral....we will see!

Top Bottom