Signature Series - Blue Coral and Casein

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

Third from the Month, and by far the most challenging. Blue Coral is basically like turning house dust, trying to keep it together. As in I have turned beautiful pieces of blue coral into piles of trash, so this is some sort of achievement for me. Full Sized Rho/Black Ti Statesman, 6mm Polished Bock Nib. Solid Blue coral body, solid casein cap, not getting crazy segmenting this piece, it stands all by itself. Before applying ca glue for the finish, the material looked like the lunar surface, full of pits, and holes, not from my turning, but just the natural porous nature of blue coral. I did my best to show the material, but its an in person thing for sure. I hope you guys like these of the series, and I will do what i can to make a few more. !! C&C Welcome..

Attachments

• BCFP.jpg
    BCFP.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 368
  • BLUE 3.jpg
    BLUE 3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 300
  • BLUE 4.jpg
    BLUE 4.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 270
  • BLUE 5.jpg
    BLUE 5.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Blue1.jpg
    Blue1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 192
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

What a Classy Pen Justin.
I appreciate your comments on the turning of the Coral, and the surface you hads to work on to finish.
But Boy it was worth it!
The Classic Lines of the Pen enhanced by the Striped Casein Cap, Crowning that glorious Blue Coral Blank, set off with the Statesman.
With your Skill and Persistence created Beautiful Fit and Finish.
You should be Justly Proud.
Congratulations.
Brian.

jmbaker79

WOW .....

Just WOW!

Wow like front page photo sorta wow? That's what I'm shooting for :cool::rolleyes: be sure to check out the tiger coral and apple coral in SOYP... Should have named the 3 threads differently....at first glance I think they seem like the same thread!! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom