Sierra vs Elegant Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Sierra (Pacifica)vs Elegant Beauty

Ian Woodford recently showed the comparison between the Sierra and the Elegant Beauty, which I liked so much that I ordered a few from LauLau Woods within minutes. Got them in 4 days!!!:)
To give a fair comparison, I used similar styled blanks. Not sure which one I like best? What say ye?
Just changed the title, cos I now believe it is actually a Pacifica.

Attachments

• SierraVsElegantBeauty.jpg
    SierraVsElegantBeauty.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmanship

I'm not sure which I like better either......................perhaps if I had them in hand?:biggrin: Want my mailing address?

Just kidding..........great job highlighting both. I too have just found the Elegant Beauties & have the same dilema......too close to call ~ they're both nice.

Thanks for showing them off,

UKpenmaker

Wearing blanks like that, i'd say sod what the kits look like. Excellent work Skippy

I think i like the shorter metal front section on the EB, it just seems to balance the pen better.
But the lines on the Sierra look to flow a bit better, maybe the photo??

I think i will be putting in an order to LauLau Woods sometime soon.

rherrell

WOW Steven, those are beautiful! Have you tried the Sierra Elegant Beauty yet? It's my favorite because it's the same size as a Sierra but looks just like the Elegant Beauty. I like the EB also but it's a little small. It makes a good purse or checkbook pen though.
Berea sells the Sierra Elegant Beauty if you're interested.

bitshird

I like the Elegant Beauty from Aaron, simply because you turn the top, if the transmission unscrews as does happen on the Sierra, it's a lot easier fix IMHO

VisExp

Both the pens look fantastic Steven. I like the looks and the operation of the EB, but like the size of the Sierra. I think it is the clip and the finial that set the EB apart.

I am a bit confused though, is the top pen a Sierra or a Pacifica? It doesn't look like any of the Sierra/Wall Street I've turned.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The top is definitely a Pacifica rather than a Sierra. Not much difference but a Pacifica is a little longer than a regular Sierra due to the width of the center band and the width of the bad at the top.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I am a bit confused though, is the top pen a Sierra or a Pacifica? It doesn't look like any of the Sierra/Wall Street I've turned.

Keith, I believe you are correct. I just checked up and think it's the Pacifica (Turtle?) I got them it from a freind as a swap and I think they were described to me as the 'new style Sierra'

ldb2000

Yes it is a Pacifica , a Honu Pacifica to be exact . They are the same basic mecanicals as the Sierras but with much classier center and upper bands .
I have to agree with Andy , Those blanks are Awesome

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Just for some fun:biggrin:

Wanna see how to do those blanks 'the hard way'?

1. Take a nice bit of PR ( from you know who ):cool: and stick some aluminium strips in it. These ones are 0.4mm
2. If you are daft like me, you will make them far too big and have loads of filing to do.:redface:
3. When you're happy, you cut it to suit to pens and then turn as normal

Attachments

• gluedup.jpg
    gluedup.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 115
  • filingflush.jpg
    filingflush.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 106
  • firstattempt.jpg
    firstattempt.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 108

broitblat

The blanks/design is beautiful. It is hard to choose between the pens, however, since they both match up nicely and, of course, the workmanship is outstanding.

-Barry

Top Bottom