Sierra Titanium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from talbot

talbot

Aquired this lovely acrylic a few months ago from Neil (wolftat) in an exchange and thought I'd go for two Sierras rather than one two piece kit.
It works well with the titanium I think. Hint of camera shake in the pic though.

I do like the Sierras but its one of those "like it or don't" sort of kits and I think it would sell better in the US than over here in UK?
Regards, Bill

SierraSerpent1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You've made a nice pen there Bill . I like that blank . Neil has some nice stuff . Good match with the hardware too .

akbar24601

That is beautiful Bill. I like that blank and I think that you paired it great with the kit. Why is it that you think the Sierras don't do well in the UK?

talbot

That is beautiful Bill. I like that blank and I think that you paired it great with the kit. Why is it that you think the Sierras don't do well in the UK?

Hi Steve,
I did reply to this but I've no idea where it went to!
What I said was that I didnt know if the Sierra sold well in the UK or not.
Brits can be a funny lot at times and can be very staid on occasion.
I think the Sierra could be a bit 'too much' for the market over here but thats my opinion only.
I personally prefer styles like regular Parker and MB etc.
I also have no experience to fall back on as I don't actually sell the pens I make, yet, so perhaps some of the UK sellers will give us the benefit of their experience?
regards, Bill

jkeithrussell

Nice looking pen.

I did not like the Sierra pen at first because it has so much "pre-made" kit to it. But after making and using a bunch of them, I've come to really like them. For the most part, the pen I carry on a daily basis is a Sierra.

talbot

Nice looking pen.

I did not like the Sierra pen at first because it has so much "pre-made" kit to it. But after making and using a bunch of them, I've come to really like them. For the most part, the pen I carry on a daily basis is a Sierra.

Something that would concern me too I think , and something that has already crossed my mind if I ever did have a customer question the craftsmanship and price attached to the Sierra.
It is after all nothing more than a short blank turned and polished which takes little time to make. Why should it cost,,?? whatever they sell for?
Has this been asked of anyone already and how did you reply?
regards, Bill

jkeithrussell

Something that would concern me too I think , and something that has already crossed my mind if I ever did have a customer question the craftsmanship and price attached to the Sierra.
It is after all nothing more than a short blank turned and polished which takes little time to make. Why should it cost,,?? whatever they sell for?
Has this been asked of anyone already and how did you reply?
regards, Bill

I would answer it by saying that it requires the same craftsmanship as any other pen. Also, the kits are relatively more expensive than some of the common kits (slims, euros, cigars), and the writing mechanism is very good. I haven't started selling pens, but I would be disinclined to argue with anyone about the price. Buy it at the stated price or move on.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I think you did a fantastic job on the pen, you made the blank look great. The Sierra was never a great seller for me, but I know that others like them.

Top Bottom