Sierra times two!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Had some scrap stuff laying around, wasn't big enough for a two piece pen. But looks like there was more then enough for these Sierra's!

Pignut Hickory x-cut:

This is just one of them pieces you see while cutting blanks that just couldn't go into the barrel for burning....

Grunge Camo:

This was one of those pieces that just wouldn't release from the mold, and it needed the hammer treatment....oops! Actually found it on the floor behind the dust vac. Maybe I need to further investigate behind that for more?

Thanks for looking!

Scott (dog rule, cats drool) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Both of those are real nice. Not sure I have heard of 'pignut' hickory before.
Photos are great.

It just happens to be in the first of the common names list. Other common names are pignut, sweet pignut, coast pignut hickory, smoothbark hickory, swamp hickory, and broom hickory.

Thanks on the photo's too!

Scott they both look great! I especially like the Pignut Hickory one! Great job!

Me too! I actually needed to do this one to replace a pen in the binder that was sold on Thursday. Although, I think the other pen had a better chunk of wood(it had more spalting to it).

Scott (always second guessing myself) B

Jjartwood

PIG NUT
If nothing else it will start a conversation.
Those are beautiful,just something about seirra's they look great or they don't,I keep them around Toon Town,as a go to when I need to do some combat turning for inventory and they do sell but for some reason in my good eye their either right or wrong.
These are right!!!
AND YOU GOT THEM SOooooo ROUND!
Nice work god touch.
Mark

SDB777

PIG NUT
If nothing else it will start a conversation.
Those are beautiful,just something about seirra's they look great or they don't,I keep them around Toon Town,as a go to when I need to do some combat turning for inventory and they do sell but for some reason in my good eye their either right or wrong.
These are right!!!
AND YOU GOT THEM SOooooo ROUND!
Nice work god touch.
Mark

I agree with everything you said....the shape will make or break these in less then a moment. Too skinny(straight barreled~blah) too fat(again~blah)....you should see my box of throw aways for those that "I thought I'll just take a little more off".....:eek:

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Scott (pignut not pigs nutz) B

LMB777

Think that wood is pretty, wait until I mix some PR onto the stuff in his burn-box....already tried a few pieces and it came out okay. If I can get him to turn it into a pen or something:rolleyes:

Lyn

Top Bottom