Sierra Three

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BrentK

BrentK

These are three pens I turned yesterday and today. They are all Sierra kits as you can see. Two are blanks made by Karl. The LSU purple and gold and the red and green color. The other is the cancun blank. I still have a long way to go but I am pleased for the most part with these three.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Looking good for a new turner, Brent! You might want to try to photograph pens running left to right rather than up and down.(so to speak) That way, depth of field is not a crucial and you get a better sense of the contours of the pen.

karlkuehn

Banned
Great looking pens, Brent! I really like how the red/green/wood one turned out. I was reluctant to put that one in the box for you. I wanted to keep it for myself. I've got a BUNCH more of those double-casts in the making like that, so I'm glad to see that it turned out so well for you.

For a new guy, you've sure come a long way fast! Looks like you're diving right in, and even turning beads on there! Excellent work. :D

Cav makes a good point about the orientation of the pens in the photo. gerryr helped me a lot with the depth of field/focus issues when he said, "make sure the pen is running parallel to the back of the camera". Looks like you're off to a great start with the photos, though!

Top Bottom