Sierra Rookie Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on some pens for 3 coming shows.

I was in need of a pen like the Sierra to fill a price point in my offerings, so I turned a few to get the hang of it.

IMG_9748.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9746.jpg

Assembly was straight forward, but a little strange for me in that the nib is not a press fit, that just feels weird that it all hangs from the top inside the pen, or am I missing something.

Anyway, these are the only plating options I liked.;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by DRP460
<br />Nice work.

Being a canuck, where do you find the best source for these?

www.penblanks.ca I have moved almost 80% of my pen supply purchases to Bill and Lilian, they are excellent and it arrives in two days with No Customs or duties owing[:D]

thewishman

Nice work as is your wont.[:)] Your question about the assembly - yes, it does all hang from the top. The Sierra does seem to be unfinished, compared to other styles, but it works.

Chris

gwilki

Great craftsmanship as always, Jim. I've not done any of those yet. Your comment about how they hold together is intriguing.

ps. Bill G says hi.

Petricore

Wow that is crazy. I've been selling the sierra's for 50-60 with ease, and I thought I was giving people a deal, I've seen people selling these for 80-95.

gwilki

Jim
Went down a couple of weeks ago for two days of hands on bowl making. Learned lots, laughed lots. As you well know, Bill and his family are great people.

Originally posted by gwilki
<br />Jim
Went down a couple of weeks ago for two days of hands on bowl making. Learned lots, laughed lots. As you well know, Bill and his family are great people.

Hi Grant,

I used to travel to NJ for work in 1999. In the course of 4 months I was there for 4 weeks. I would visit Bill about three nights of each week, he taught me to turn in his old Easton shop, turned my first pen with him too, on his old Nova, that was a few lathes ago.[;)]

They are wonderful people[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom