Sierra with Persimmon-n-Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Found some scrap stuff laying around....no, I never throw stuff away, and it is sometimes a good thing. Anyway, I had our very own Eugene(ElMostro) do some pouring for me awhile back(like a year-and-a-half ago...or more).... This piece of wood was a mostly bug eaten piece of Persimmon, and I guess he sat down under a shade tree with a pick and a air hose and had a good time(probably not).

Not sure what I had used the other piece of this leftover chunk for, but I'm sure glad I kept this!!

Bright Copper Sierra BP and a few minutes.....tada!

And a close-up(or two)!

With the darkness of the wood itself, you can't really get the feel for the finish with the exposure time I had to use....it just turns all ghosty on me. But at least you can see the grain! And yes, that is dust on the surface, not under the finish....need to grab a few Bounce sheets from the wife's stash(but I can't get caught doing it:biggrin:)

Thanks for looking!

Scott (see I turn other peoples blank from time to time) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Canadian_Kid

If you throw away stuff like that I might just have to drive down to Arkansas and snoop through your trash:rolleyes:. Great looking pen (I love the copper).

McBryde

I haven't turned a gold one Scott, but the blue, purple and red ones are AWESOME looking as well. Sweet looking blanks they turned out to be. That was some really wormy wood to start out with though! Just goes to show you what you can do with a chunk of wood if it is taken care of!

E

ElMostro

Finally! I can see how they turned out. I remember that chunk well, first I slabbed it, then took the high pressure air to it, then used some dental picks and finally some quick passes with the sand blaster with some really fine medium just to get the pieces ready, then to the dehydrator for final "cooking" and the easy part was the casting. It turned out Beautiful, well worth the effort.
Thanks for sharing, Eugene.

Top Bottom