Sierra Gold/Ti Crimson cactus -Go Sooners UPDATED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Turned a couple more cactus today.These were clear blanks and I painted the inside of them and also the tubes with acrylic craft paint to see if it would work. Came out a nice crimson and cream allmost OU colors. Also another Elgrande.WOW ONE BIG LIGHTING STRIKE SHUTTIN DOWN NOW Updated the post with the pictuers of the pewter pen and to make Billy happy I'll call it gray so now we have Crimson and Gray
[img]

[ATTACH=full]264798[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]264799[/ATTACH]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

You got me in trouble now Roy. LOML saw the red Sierra pen and she said she wants one similar with "sparse" skeleton.

Gives me an idea to use my trimmings....since I have a lot of scrap [:D][^]

OKLAHOMAN

Dario that was done on purpose because of the smaller pen, I have one on the lathe now that is not as sparse in a pewter color. We had a he-- of a lighting storm about an hr. ago and I shut down my computer and my shop. I will try to finish the other sierra and add it to this post tonight, and Steve these are from the same casting I did for you. ENJOY

jssmith3

Those are beautiful pens. I was thinking, can you do the same things with the bath loofa's? they kind of look the same. Just a thought for someone to try if they see fit to. Seems like it wouldn't be as painful to acquire them either [;)]
Janet ;)

OKLAHOMAN

Janet: your about the 4th-5th person to ask that I guess I will go shopping for some loofa's and see what happens. My only concern is saleability. When you tell the prospective buyer about the cactus it sounds exotic just don't know about a bath loofa but you never know until you try.

jssmith3

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />Janet: your about the 4th-5th person to ask that I guess I will go shopping for some loofa's and see what happens. My only concern is saleability. When you tell the prospective buyer about the cactus it sounds exotic just don't know about a bath loofa but you never know until you try.

Hi Roy, in response to your question regarding what you tell a potential customer when you use the loofa to make the pen with. Just tell them its Old World tropical vines which is indeed what a loofa is, you don't have to say its a bath spounge. Give it a try and see what happens.
Good luck and let me know if you decide to try it.

Janet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom