Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcook4570

Irish bog oak - CA finish

2007383364_IBOSFP.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Originally posted by angboy
<br />Nice! So what kits did you combine together?

I was going to ask the same question; but DSA beat me to it while I was trying to help her with the trivia contest. What a sneaky thing to do while I was doing her a favor. I'll bet she cuts in line at the movie theater, too!! [:(!]

Looks to me like the non-Sierra parts might have come from a Jr. Gent II?

ashaw

Stan
Looks real good. Looks like you used a baron kit for the barrel and the ring. The one thing I would change would be the Baron Black TI blind cap. But thats me.
Real good job.

mrcook4570

A customer wanted a fountain pen to match his ballpoint (sierra), so this is what I came up with. Sierra clip, baron cb (black chrome ring replaced with black titanium ring to match plating of the sierra), and sedona endcap (to match round qualities of the sierra). The main barrel is about 30% longer than standard baron to balance the extra length of the sierra finial.

Personally, I think it would look better with a tapered closed end, but the customer wanted to be able to post the cap.

Randy_

Hey Stan: According the measurements that I have, the upper tube of the Baron is quite a bit larger than the tube of the Sierra. That being the case, the center band coupler of the Baron should not be anywhere close to fitting in the Sierra tube. Just wondering how you got around that problem?

angboy

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Originally posted by angboy
<br />Nice! So what kits did you combine together?

I was going to ask the same question; but DSA beat me to it while I was trying to help her with the trivia contest. What a sneaky thing to do while I was doing her a favor. I'll bet she cuts in line at the movie theater, too!! [:(!]

Looks to me like the non-Sierra parts might have come from a Jr. Gent II?

I was on the ball today! [^]

mrcook4570

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Hey Stan: According the measurements that I have, the upper tube of the Baron is quite a bit larger than the tube of the Sierra. That being the case, the center band coupler of the Baron should not be anywhere close to fitting in the Sierra tube. Just wondering how you got around that problem?

I pressed the cb coupler of the baron into a baron tube and the sierra finial into a sierra tube [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom