A Sierra Evening In The Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I turned these Sierra Acrylics this evening after supper. I love the way acrylic turns and polishes so quick and easy .
I am just replacing some missing stock in my pen inventory and after catching up I will go back to wood and other materials. Although I prefer wood, there is a good market for acrylic as well so variety is the secret of successful craft sales.

Top to bottom are

Purple Fleck
Peach Swirl
Bronze Fleck
Orange Crush
Cinnamon Twist.

My personal favorite is the Cinnamon twist probably because I have sold so many of them in the past . That peach swirl is my first one of those and I have a feeling it might also go good. They looks so much nicer in the hand than in a picture. I got extra blanks of the Cinnamon twist because they always seem to get grabbed up first.
Comments appreciated as usual.

AcrylicSierras2.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Even though I am no longer a fan of the Siearra. You have yourself a beautiful batch of pens there. They will sell very well.

W.Y.

Did you have a problem with Sierra's that you are no longer a fan of them?
I find they mix in very well with the other styles I make.
They have to be the very easiet pen to make (as far as I know)

rodsaw

Very nice work. I did an Americana with the bronze fleck and the color is great with gold trim. Unfortunately Bear Tooth has discontinued it:frown:

woodale

Nice! Just took a look at your view from the shop pictures. I am greener than grass in spring, standing timber, the Shire or any living thing!

W.Y.

Very nice work. I did an Americana with the bronze fleck and the color is great with gold trim. Unfortunately Bear Tooth has discontinued it:frown:

Sorry to hear that one is discontinued. It looks so nice the way it sparkles when turning it in the light.

I got all those blanks shown above last week when they were all on special for $2.90 each. I just now checked BearToothWoods site and most of them are still there but are now back up to the regular price of $4.00 each and the bronze fleck is gone.

Guess it pays to check out the specials on the various sites . If I had known that one was discontinued after I got mine I would have got a half dozen more if they still had some .

Top Bottom