Sierra Elegant Puzzle Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JumpMaster

JumpMaster

I know, the pic isn't the best.... and neither is the pen, to be perfectly honest. You can't really tell from the pic but the barrel is a bit proud near the nib end. Thanks for looking.....

Best,
Mike

Attachments

• Puzzle Pen.jpg
    Puzzle Pen.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 246
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I know, the pic isn't the best.... and neither is the pen, to be perfectly honest. You can't really tell from the pic but the barrel is a bit proud near the nib end. Thanks for looking.....

Best,
Mike

Thats where the learning curve gets larger, now you get to disassemble it and fix the proud area. This blank is worth the trouble. YOu'll be glad you did it. Proud at the clip end is not as big a deal as at the nib end where you really feel it.

JumpMaster

Thanks, Gentlemen

Russell recommended that I fix it, too. Who am I to argue with such wisdom? <grin>. My fear, though, is that since I'm still not the greatest when it comes to using a skew, I'll really botch it up and ruin the entire thing. Maybe I should sand it instead, even though it'll take forever to get through the CA?

ToddMR

150 grit will go right through that CA. I think the pen looks pretty good too. I never have tried that puzzle kit personally. A little fat too on the pen blank as I always used to do that as well. You might want to work on scrap wood with the skew and then revisit this pen later. I started in April and it took me a few months to be able to use the skew. Normally I would start off ok, then some how do more damage than good. You did good though all the same.

Top Bottom