Sierra Copper Mine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

I love the copper pens, but finding a blank that really looks good on the copper is a bit of a challenge. So, I decided to make my own.

I call this one Copper Mine. It is copper with a green vein (swirl) running through it. Malachite and other green stones are a secondary yield from many copper mines, so I figured a green touch would work well.

Basically this came out exactly like I wanted. It looks a better in real life than in the photos (as many pens do) but still shows up pretty good.

Comments are encouraged.

Attachments

• IMG_6276a-web.jpg
    IMG_6276a-web.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_6280a-web.jpg
    IMG_6280a-web.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6281a-web.jpg
    IMG_6281a-web.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 122
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

The green is a great touch. Keeps it from becoming monochromatic. Copper kits are indeed tough to find matches for. I usually try to hold off on picking a plating until the turning is done.

Jim Smith

Nice job! I also really like the looks of copper pens. I get lots of compliments on a copper Sierra with a nice bright copperhead blank and Benjamin Franklin $$ blanks that Bruce Egolf makes also look terrific on copper.

Jim Smith

76winger

As already stated, they look great. The color of the copper looks very similar to some of the Rose Gold I've worked with and looks just as good!

Top Bottom