Sierra Cartridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This one is made from several different old pens that were begging to be torn apart. The inner workings are from a Sierra. I am making a couple different styles now and will enter my favorite one in the contest.

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3050.jpg
    IMG_3050.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I don't care for the clip and finial. How about taking a copper bullet, one of the ones with a flat solid back. cut off the point. Glue in a dowel and use that as a final. It will match the bullet nib too. Just a thought.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I don't care for the clip and finial. How about taking a copper bullet, one of the ones with a flat solid back. cut off the point. Glue in a dowel and use that as a final. It will match the bullet nib too. Just a thought.
Jeff, I have ordered a couple hundred bullets, but they wound up being backordered and I won't have them for another 2 weeks. The nib on this one isn't a bullet, I like the bullet nibs better, but can only work with what I have for now.

workinforwood

I see. Off to the hardware store..brass parts and fittings! Lamp parts, those are a good place to look too. You can find lots of knurled knobs for lamps. You can even find some brass hose fittings that look like stepped nibs and can be filed to remove the step effect.

workinforwood

It is a cool blank. I was thinking again. How about you take a dremel and cut some small elongated holes into the lower barrel. Take some masking tape and tape off the primer hole and then wrap the whole casing in tape. Drill a hole in a scrap so you can stand the casing on end. Pour your alumilite into the bullet hole. Mix up some green, some black, etc in a very small quanity. You'll be able to see through the tape enough to know how full it it, so after you pass a hole, stop and switch to another color and so on until you get to the top. You could just cast the whole bullet, but this way would use less resin, and it would be easier to mount the bullet for drilling a tube hole into it. Just trying to help with some different idea's, since you say you're going to build a few then choose the one you want to enter. I call this idea "Faux casing camo", trademark, Jeff Powell, 2009 :laugh:

Top Bottom