Sierra with CA.........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from melogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

This is my first attempt at Russ's CA/BLO finishing technique. I like the way he does it and it appears to go pretty smooth. Thanks Russ for sharing your technique with us. Anyway, it is a Sierra made out of Padauk (spelling?). Let me know what you think.

20069242540_Sierra%20Padauk%20resized.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Nice looking finish (and pen), Mark. Does this have a warmer, more wood like feel to you than the straight CA method? It seemed to on mine, and I think I like that.

melogic

Something feels different and I guess that is the way to describe it. It went so much smoother to me, finishing it this way. My 15 year old daughter even said she wants to try this method of CA/BLO because it looked more natural than all of the other methods I've tried. So far I really like the overall feel and looks. That Russ is something else isn't he? This is what I love about this site, the sharing of methods and knowledge and having fun doing it.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by melogic
<br />This is my first attempt at Russ's CA/BLO finishing technique. I like the way he does it and it appears to go pretty smooth. Thanks Russ for sharing your technique with us. Anyway, it is a Sierra made out of Padauk (spelling?). Let me know what you think.

20069242540_Sierra%20Padauk%20resized.jpg
<br />

Very nice pen... It does have a nice warm look to it.

I have been through the gauntlet of finishes... and had a lot of fun trying them all! ... but I am going to stick with the CA (get it?... stick with CA?... dang, I crack myself up [:p] )

My method differs from Russ in a couple of areas... but shows that there is more than one way to skin the pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom