Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GBusardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

I got a small one foot long x 6ish inches wide whie oak branch from a friend a year or two ago. He cut down a few trees and was hacking them up to use in his fire place. I noticed some spalting and put aside to dry. Naturally I forgot about it. I cut the log in half and got a few blanks out of it. The heartwood was rather large and a dark brown. The spalt was more than I thought and decided to try and cut a few cross cut blanks out of what was left. I got just enough for a few Sierra size blanks. I thought they looked pretty cool. I wanted to share the picture and I wished I could get more.

One question I had, never turning a Sierra, was did I leave the blank thick enough on the clip end? I think I turned it a shade over 12 mm.

Thanks for any input

200781925046_spaltedoak.jpg

oops! Thanks Laurie!! [:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Gary Sierra`s are pretty forgiving in end diameter . Think you`re about right . I try to make both ends the same . Allows you to choose the orientation that looks best with the kit . Wayne

GBusardo

Thanks for the comments people. Wayne, I think you maybe right, I just looked at a bunch of Sierra pictures and they all seem to be about the same. I didn't think I was going to like the kit, but it's growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom