Siberain Elm Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

Thanks to low48 for this beautiful Siberian Elm Burl and another thanks for the person who gave us the idea of the natural burl box. I cannot remember who it was. I made this one for the president of my husbands company. I hope she likes it!

2005417174026_elmburlpenandbox.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Yes, the pen is Wall Street. I added a section of Ebony to the upper portion.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pen and rest Alice...

...I'm curious also..that sure looks like a wallstreet kit - but you must have added a band for aesthetics...looks like it worked great to me..very nice..!

elody21

Thanks SWM6500 ! I just checked MIK's albumn and you are correct! So a big thanks to MIK for the inspiration for the box. I could not remember who's albumn I saw it in.

low_48

Really nice choice of pen kits Alice. The black and gold really compliment the color of the siberian elm. Really nice craftsmanship!!!

Rich

elody21

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Great looking pen. Looks like a tag, is that your business card?
That is the tag for the Wallstreet Pen. I has a genuine Cross mechinism and the tag come with it to show this. These are sold at Woodcraft.

elody21

Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Awesome Alice---nice work!!! I haven't tried any of those kits---what do you think of the kit and transmission??
It is a little confusing at first because the nib does not insert tightly into the tip of the pen,( it makes you think that there is something missing) it actually screws onto the transmission. Once you understand it it works great. I tried the ebony slice to break up the line of the pen and make it look more like a normal pen. I really like this set. The tag stating the genuine Cross Mech. really helps sell the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom