Shriner Triton Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Finally got some shop time this afternoon and decided to make this Triton rollerball with a Shriner watch dial. Indiana_Parrothead cast the blank for me on a black carbon fiber tube. What's your opinion of the black carbon fiber as opposed to a glossy black tube? I've got 9 of these (different symbols and names) that I am thinking of doing. I think I will contact the local Shriner's temple (or possibly Shriner's International) to see if there is any interest before I do the rest of them.

C & C appreciated.

Attachments

• Shriner Triton Closed.jpg
    Shriner Triton Closed.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Shriner Triton.jpg
    Shriner Triton.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Shriner Triton 2.jpg
    Shriner Triton 2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

Cody, the Triton kit is sold by Exotic Blanks. It's a less expensive alternative to the Jr. Statesman. You can also get it in a convertible model - both fountain pen and rollerball.

elkhorn

Jim and Mike: thank you both. The more I look at it, the more I am liking the carbon fiber as well. I think the texture adds interest.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts!

Have a great day.

turncrazy43

Carbon fiber looks best. Some folks here have advised that painting the tubes black, affixing some items and then pouring PR into the mold has resulted in the paint separating from the tubes and showing thru when turned. Carbon fiber will not do that and fiber glass weaves of various colors can be found as well and are reasonably priced.

elkhorn

Wayne and Steve, thank you. Looks like the carbon fiber is the preferred style.

Take care,

John

Marko50

My vote goes for the carbon fiber too! By the way John, you have a beautiful web site. Nice work!

elkhorn

Mike and Chuck, thank you. This is the first carbon fiber blank I've tried and I think Indiana_Parrothead did a great job with the watch dial.

Top Bottom