Shredded $ on a WS II - they belong together

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lyonsacc

lyonsacc

This is pen #20 for me (had to count after reading the requirements for the BASH beginner contest).

Glued part of a $1 bill to the brass tube (found the idea on here). Made a huge impact on the overall look of the pen. Increased the hole size so I used a hand file to enlarge what I had drilled.

Had to douse the blank twice with thin CA as small flakes/cracks developed as I approached the final desired size. Ended up with excess CA inside the tube that has caused the twist mechanism to be quite tight. So I will have to take it apart and clean out the inside.

Comments always welcome.

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• 1-3-13 014 2.jpg
    1-3-13 014 2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

The tightness is probably not a problem with the twist mechanism but with glue inside the tube at the end where it slips over the lower assembly. The clearance for the tube over the shoulder of the lower assembly is very small on the Sierra style pens. Pull the barrel off of the transmission and clean out inside the tube's end.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

lyonsacc

Harry - unfortunately I don't have access to a color copier. I should be able to get 4 tubes covered from one bill, so 25 cents isn't to bad for cost. However, my son was rather distraught about the idea of cutting up a bill.

Don - I believe you are correct. I checked the transmission and it is fine. My problem is the reamaining glue inside the end of the tube. I cleaned it out once, but need to do a better job. Should have some time to deal with that this weekend.

Thanks!

Dave

stonepecker

I believe that you can not photocopy at 100%. However, I believe that if you photocopy at 90% 0r 110% that is allowed by our goverment. Something about using the bill for counterfiting purpose......the difference in size makes it impossible.

I really hope that the goverment has better things to do then worry about the pen makers here. There are so many more important issues that need to be taken care of.

JMHO

Top Bottom