Showin Charlie Some Love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rollerbob

Rollerbob

Got this "Dragon's Breath" blank a few weeks back from Charlie (NewLondon88) I have carried it as a daily writer ever since. Everytime he and I communicate on line he is always saying jpegs, jpegs. Well today I finally got some pictures for him, haven't found the jpegs as of yet.:confused: Plus, Charlie I included a portrait of myself at no charge!:biggrin:

Attachments

• DCP_1149.jpg
    DCP_1149.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 257
  • DCP_1154.jpg
    DCP_1154.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 222
  • DCP_1156.jpg
    DCP_1156.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Rollerbob,

Beautiful job on a very classy looking pen. The blank goes beautifully with the gold kit. I also picked up some of Charlie's Dragon's Breath blanks and plan on turning one this weekend. Can you tell me; did you paint the tube or leave it plain to let the brass lighten up the blank? Typically, I would paint the tube and the inside of the blank either black or a color that compliments/enhances the blank. Your thoughts...

Jim Smith

cnirenberg

Bob,
Sweeeeeeeet. That came out great. I love the shine to that baby. I am in the process of finishing on of Charlies Dragons now. I hope it comes out half as nice as that one. Dude, I thought you would have more hair.

Rollerbob

Rollerbob,

Beautiful job on a very classy looking pen. The blank goes beautifully with the gold kit. I also picked up some of Charlie's Dragon's Breath blanks and plan on turning one this weekend. Can you tell me; did you paint the tube or leave it plain to let the brass lighten up the blank? Typically, I would paint the tube and the inside of the blank either black or a color that compliments/enhances the blank. Your thoughts...

Jim Smith
I did paint the blank flat black. Some of the DB blanks are a bit darker so I think you could get away without paint.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Damn! mine don't come out that nice..

I think I'll start sending you all my test blanks before I show them to the public.

ps .. I know that's not a bald spot.. it's a solar panel for a cool machine..

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Ack don't tempt me - the wife is mad enough as it is.

It's easy.
Wait till she's drifting off to sleep. In a soothing voice, tell her "your eyelids
are getting heavy now. Very heavy. You are getting sleeeeepy. verrrryyy
sleeeeeepy. You want a dragon's breath pennnnnnnn. You want this veeeery
much. You want me to make this pen for youuuuu. And you think that the
toilet seat looks better uuuuuuup. veeeeery sleeeeeepy...

Rollerbob

It's easy.
Wait till she's drifting off to sleep. In a soothing voice, tell her "your eyelids

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one around here with a sick mind!!!:wink: Only problem with me is, I can't blame it on the chemicals!?!............. well, not since the 60's.

Last edited:

cnirenberg

It's easy.

SPLASH!!!!!!! I gotta try that. The wife isn't to keen on the fact that I take those blanks to bed with me.......

Top Bottom