Show your pen case or book

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cschimmel

cschimmel

Some of you guys have said you always have a pen case or book with pens for sale with you. If you would not mind lets see a picture of what you have with you at all times for sale. Might give us new guys some direction.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stick Rounder

Pen Book

Ok... I'll play.
This is what is currently in my Pen Book. Don't Laugh :biggrin:

Attachments

• Pen Case 3.JPG
    Pen Case 3.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 338

jskeen

I usually have at least one of these with me if I'm going somewhere. Quick and dirty pics from another post, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 298
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 202

MartinPens

Display

jskeen; said:
I usually have at least one of these with me if I'm going somewhere. Quick and dirty pics from another post, but you get the idea.

Do you purchase these? I have nice cigar boxes and would like to put inserts in them for pens. Looking for others who may be doing this or could suggest a starting point.

Sharp way to display them!

Martin

jskeen

I buy the boxes for something like $1.25 or such at liquor stores. I used to spend tons of time running around and stopping at every package store i saw searching for these specific patel boxes, but then I came to my senses (such as they are) and gave the lady that runs the humidor at my local store a pen, and now she saves them for me and calls whenever she empties a couple.

I like these because they are shallow, and the inside of the lid around the sticker is flocked in black. They match the black pen tray liners I got from a vintage pen dealer online, but there are several links to his page around here, just search for tray liners or something like that.

Honestly I like these liners for slimlines and euro's better than for jr gent's or larger. I wish I could find some with wider grooves. I have been telling myself I need to just bite the bullet and set up a angle sled jig on my table saw and make myself a few board feet of liners grooved to fit the bigger pens. Of course, that takes time, and that is almost as rare as cash around my house. Then again, I keep telling myself that the bigger pens really need to be displayed and sold in individual boxes. Which I need to make cause I can't afford to buy them, but that takes time again. It's a vicious circle :)

cschimmel

So do you guys have those with you so if someone comments on your pen you can show them and sell from the case or to take an order.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I use the pen portfolios that Wood-n-Whimsies sell. They are inexpensive and hold any pen from the slims to the larger Statesman, Majestic size. Check their web site for sizes and prices. Try this link: http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/portfolios.html

I have also used real cigar boxes for display of my cigar pens. I bought pen tray inserts, cut them to size, placed a block of foam in the box to raise the pens up to the correct level and inserted the tray inserts. Made a clever display I thought. You can purchase the slotted tray inserts at https://www.gopens.com/Parts/vintage_pens_12X16Trays.php

Last edited:

GaryMGg

My album contains several styles of simple wooden pen cases.
Here's a couple:

1_curlyMapleCase1.jpg

1_trayFlocking1.jpg

This bottom one is the easiest to make:
I took a long piece of 1" wide poplar (but any straight grained wood works well) approximately 3/4" thick and ran it over a core box bit in a router table.
Then, I cut the long strip into many 6" long pieces.
I set those side by side to determine how big the surrounding "frame" needed to be; then, I built the frame.
I flocked the inside mint green and painted the frame dark green.
It's a quick, easy project and makes a nice display tray.

jskeen

Gary, That's exactly the type of tray I was thinking about making (the inner one with grooves) but I think I like your router method better than my tablesaw method. I gotta see if I have a router bit the right size. If not I guess it's back to the tablesaw. Only thing is that I promised a while back (after it bit me) that I would not use it till I fixed the zero clearance insert. Which means I gotta set up the router table to use the template, and that means I gotta.......Arghhhhh, I think I'll just go have a beer.

But when I get around to it, I'm definately going to do it in several long strips rather than cutting a bunch of parallel groves across a 6 inch board. Thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom