Show off your Pens vs Non Pens pls read!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Doghouse

Doghouse

This is just a gentile reminder that this forum is for showing off your pens. While I do enjoy seeing other work, and post a bit of it myself... lets please keep other turnings in the casual conversation area.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patsfan

Obviously, it is your call as moderator, but I would like it if you gave it some additional thought. Fundamentally, there is not much difference between turning a stopper or letter opener and turning a pen. The design and creativity from one can be helpful for the other.

Mike

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by patsfan

Obviously, it is your call as moderator, but I would like it if you gave it some additional thought. Fundamentally, there is not much difference between turning a stopper or letter opener and turning a pen. The design and creativity from one can be helpful for the other.

Mike
Mike--we actually did a poll on this about 5-6 months ago and the group decided that we would put all non-pens under Casual Conversation.

wayneis

John I don't have a problem with that at all, this is a pen turning site. BUT if you are going to make that rule lets take it further and exclude sales in this topic, I'm talking about the corn cob string of posts that you will find here in "Show Off Your Pens". We have an area to list items for sale so I don't think that people should clutter up this area with ads.

Wayne

patsfan

[/quote]Mike--we actually did a poll on this about 5-6 months ago and the group decided that we would put all non-pens under Casual Conversation.
[/quote]

Sorry, Missed that. [:I]

Doghouse

This is not a slap on anyone's wrist! As stated above, it is a gentile reminder to everyone so yes it does also refer to sales or other such things. The stated items just happened to catch my eye. (and they were well done also :D )

rtjw

Wayne I was wondering when you would try to ride me again. The corn cob post was showing the corn cob pens I had made. someone asked if i sold them and i answered yes. I believe that we should have a certain area to show off other turnings. It would be great to be able to put up other things. Of course I see you have an olivewood ornament in your album. But I guess that dont count.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Let me clarify:

The "Show Off Your Pens" forum is for showing off your pens.

Feel free to post other turnings, etc. in Casual Conversation.

You can put whatever you want in your album (obviously, within the bounds of good taste.)

Questions, complaints - email me or a moderator.

rtjw

Thank you jeff. I have no problem with that. This is a pen turning website and you are the boss. I wish there was some sort of rule about people always riding other people though.

Daniel

All topics stray, and the moderators are only people. we see what we see and we speak up when we decide to speak up. I don't like to see the, if your going to say something now why didn't you say something then? We actually like to let the group behave themselves. at some point it is decided they won't so gentle reminders are needed. beats using the delete button.

DocStram

John is simply trying to enforce the rules while, at the same time, allowing us some room to breathe. He's doing a great job of stepping in when he thinks the time is right.
"Can't we all just get along?"

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jtate

Originally posted by Doghouse

This is just a gentile reminder ...

So if you're Jewish can you show off whatever you want to in this forum? Kind of discriminatory don't ya think?
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Now that's funny, I know I wouldn't write it but its' funny nonetheless

Top Bottom