Show off YOUR pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tseger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tseger

I consider this site to be the meeting place of the worlds absolute best penturners. I see all the beautiful pens that are posted here, and they are incredible, but What I want to see is photos of your personal pen. If there is a story behind why that pen is special to you, I'd like to hear it. Let's all get in on this one, I think it'll be interesting. Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Tim,that's a good post,now comes the hard part,how do you pick a favorite,gonna have to scratch my head on this for a while.

tseger

This is my personal pen. It's very special to me because several good people from this site made it possible for me to be able to turn this pen. Tim

wudnhed

OK...you asked for it. This is the pen I use in my office. The finish is chipped on the nib, wood is chipped near the CB and the shape is well...questionable[:(] Can't thro it out!

20073301756_sils.jpg

This is the pen I carry in my purse. One of my first, not too bad!

20073301100_blacks.jpg

desert1pocket

This is my personal pen, and it is special to me because it is the first pen I turned. I drilled it a little off center, and some of the red gum euacalyptus chipped out, but I was still pretty proud of it. I think as I try selling the pens I make, I should carry a better example of my work, but I will still hang on to this one.

200733011734_Pens%20065.jpg
<br />

btboone

I use this pen if and when I ever get out of the shop. The finish is robust enough for daily use and the pen's a good size.

20073301527_athena.jpg
<br />

toolcrazy

This is the pen I use everyday. And I'll tell you, it gets abused and keeps on looking good. As I read above, I agree I need to use a nicer pen so I can represent my products better. I want to create a better one for daily use, but just can't decide on what I want.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200711543710_ugly_pen.jpg
<br />

Rifleman1776

This is my personal pen, a Tn Baron made with antler. It has been in use about two years. Much of the CA finish has worn off, especially on the rough marrow parts. This give a feel that might not be liked by all. But the antler has taken on a patina that I consider beautiful. When I use it around other people it get attention. In fact, it is my most powerful sales tool. I don't have to say anything, I just use the pen.

2007330134059_antler%20Baron.jpg
<br />

twoofakind

Here are two of my pens that I use the most. The orange one is an italian resin Baron with a premium schmidt refil and the other is a Gecko swirl cigar.
Andy

2007330134949_0587.jpg
<br />

Dario

My personal pen is a REJECT figured Cherry Chrome Baron finished with Tung Oil [:D]. I'll try to take a pic of it later. It is in my pocket now for 2 years (?) with my car keys and whatever I throw there (sometimes coins).

I belive it held up pretty well considering how I "abused" it [:eek:)].

Here is my daily use pen, I ordered it for my self for xmas from my wife when it first came out and been usin' it ever since, though it is worn a bit since this photo. It never fails to write for me and I use it for demos when trying to introduce new customers to the personal satisfaction achieved when using a fountain pen.

2007330195032_jr%20statesman%20fp%20sp%20tamarind.jpg

GaryMGg

Hi Tim,
Nice idea for a thread.
Mikey --&gt;&gt; NPGJ. [:D][}:)][;)]
Originally posted by tseger
<br />...my personal pen. It's very special to me because several good people from this site made it possible for me to be able to turn this pen. Tim
I'm guessing buckeye burl w/ bloodwood and alternative ivory or holly?

As yet another neophyte, these won't wow anyone but I'm having fun, learning, and selling a couple of pens here and there.
I haven't turned that many pens yet to have one that is the keeper but the pen I'm currently using on a daily basis is a Copper baron dressed with Amboyna Burl.
AmboynaBurlCopper_1stBaron.jpg

I have a slimline in my truck console made from a spalted blank I took off a dead standing tree that came down in my driveway. When I turned it, I forgot to pay attention to the fact that, while dead, it's still `green' wood. Two days after I completed the pen, it no longer fit the hardware. The barrel shrank in both directions, coming up off the nib and cracking a bit at the cap. It's a great looking piece of wood, and writes just fine. I keep it to remember: even an item as small as a pen requires properly seasoned wood.
spaltedlaureloak2.jpg

Gary

Ozzy

This is my work pen; it's Bocote, its also the first pen I turned when I got my own set up, I have been using it at work for the last year and a half. I had to flip it, the bottom got so dark that it looked weird, so I disassembled it and reassembled it "upside down".

2007331153636_My%20First%20Pen.jpg
<br />

Believe it or not this pen has been good advertisement for me at work.

chazmonro

Ok, I made one for myself... I've had this piece of wood sitting around for a while white oak from the fire wood pile. Again its a slimline with CA... this time I had the finish like glass after the TSW, but once again, after assembly its dulled out to a satin finish.... just can't figure that out...ARG!

myPen.jpg

Chuck

Firefyter-emt

Well that is a hard question as I like to vary my ink color a bit and I have a couple FP's inked up. The one on top is my "standard" daily pen and is filled with Visconti Brown. In my desk case is my other pens I have in the roatation and there are a couple in there that will be changes out soon. Hidden on the left is a simple slimline pencil in copper, then my cocobolo FP, have to have one RB, so my blue corian. Then I have the monster acrylic long body el-toro FP, then my African blackwood FP, The faithful PITH cigar, and a palea burl Euro just because! [:D]

4107.jpg

Well I have been using this one as my "user" now for about 6 months, I guess it's MY PEN..[:D]

IMG_8160.jpg

It's an English brown oak burl .... but for the right price I might have to choose another pen as MY PEN...[:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom