Show off, and questions...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from arcwick08

arcwick08

Hey guys!

Here's a PSI Tycoon in gold. Finished with the PSI friction sealer and some carn wax.

I'm pleased with the way it came out, only slight mystified; I don't know what kind of wood it is! It was a blank I got at a WC grab-bag. I'm not sure if the pics do it justice (phone camera)...its a deep red, heading toward a burgundy... allllllmost a little purple.

Any theories? I can also take some better photos tonight..

X

Attachments

• 2012-05-31 08.11.20.jpg
    2012-05-31 08.11.20.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Well turned! Could be a couple of different types of wood, but I would like to see a better photo before assuming sumtin':biggrin:

Scott (wasped too) B

tim self

If I'm seeing the color correctly and due to the voids in the grain, I'd say purpleheart. Takes a ton of CA to fill it.

arcwick08

Alright! Finally took some pictures with the nice camera (as opposed to cell phone) !
I don't think its purp heart... I have another purp heart pen around here somewhere and the contrast is pretty distinct...

IMG_6633.JPG

seamus7227

easy on the ginormousness of your pics. But i agree with you that now seeing it up close that it does not look like purpleheart. Still clueless though

ghostrider

It does look like rosewood, and the initial description given is that East Indian Rosewood. Pics almost look like cocobolo, which is a rosewood.

That's my uneducated guess.

SteveG

WOW!! That photo was so humungous, it made my desk top heavy and the whole thing (computer, desk, coffee, etc.) topple over. This post sent after putting everything back together.

arcwick08

:eek: Sorry about the pic size! I figured the forum would scale externally linked images... I think a rosewood of some kind may be the answer.

Not sure on vanilla when turned; I wear a respirator that kills pretty much any odor :)

Thanks all for the thoughts!

Top Bottom