Show Me the Money

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Grizz

Banned
Okay, how about some shredded money. Here are two different styles of Wallstreet II pens with the shredded money blanks. The blanks where purchased out of Arizona Silhouette.

Attachments

• Money Pen 1.jpg
    Money Pen 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Money Pen 2.jpg
    Money Pen 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

The pens look pretty good from those pictures but there's a little bit of a glare. I heard that Ed's money blanks (what you used) can have bubbles to work around, did you find this to be true? I have a couple of these same blanks that I'm waiting for divine inspiration to turn.

Grizz

Banned
The pens look pretty good from those pictures but there's a little bit of a glare. I heard that Ed's money blanks (what you used) can have bubbles to work around, did you find this to be true? I have a couple of these same blanks that I'm waiting for divine inspiration to turn.

Yea, they did have bubbles, after a while it go a bit irritating. I had to keep using CA after some sanding because the voids kept popping up.

I was probably irritated more because I'm not being very patient right now.

scotian12

I recently turned two of the SA blanks and found them very trying because of the voids. It took a long time and plenty of ca to fill the bubbles. On a positive note the blanks were quite dense with money. I didn't paint the blank or tubes and let the brass barrel show through. As a comparison I also turned the Woodturningz blanks and they were a lot easier to turn with fewer bubbles to fill. However, they were not as full of shredded money and more of the brass barrel showed through. if you are short of patience go with the woodturningz shredded money blank.

bitshird

I recently turned two of the SA blanks and found them very trying because of the voids. It took a long time and plenty of ca to fill the bubbles. On a positive note the blanks were quite dense with money. I didn't paint the blank or tubes and let the brass barrel show through. As a comparison I also turned the Woodturningz blanks and they were a lot easier to turn with fewer bubbles to fill. However, they were not as full of shredded money and more of the brass barrel showed through. if you are short of patience go with the woodturningz shredded money blank.
I'm pretty sure I'd rather have to paint or powder coat the tubes, or even color my epoxy than mess with filling a bad casting, our late Johnny jarhead made some that looked better than the commercial ones, perhaps his brother Neil "wolftat" may be doing some?

sbell111

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have to paint or powder coat the tubes, or even color my epoxy than mess with filling a bad casting, our late Johnny jarhead made some that looked better than the commercial ones, perhaps his brother Neil "wolftat" may be doing some?
No one should have to decide between a blank that has holes and one that doesn't have enough money shreds incorporated into it.

I've made many money blanks using PR cast under pressure. Voids are not an issue. The amount of shreds in a blank is completely dependent on how much you cram into the tubes before you pour.

If someone is selling blanks that have noticible voids or not enough shredded cash, they should rethink their process before selling any more.

Roy99664

If you do turn one with voids, be careful when repairing with CA and accelerator. If your accelerator clouds the CA, when it dries you'll have white spots that ruin the blank. Been there done that!

Top Bottom