Should have made notes........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AceMrFixIt

AceMrFixIt

Finally got a celtic cross where it all lines up.......now if I can remember how I did it...............

Attachments

• PIC_0065.jpg
    PIC_0065.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 203
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mather323

I can see why you are having trouble lining up your knot 1TJTurner, you are trying to drive in your segements with that big stick that you are trying to hide behind your back! Pound it to fit does not work well on these Knots! Very nice work on your pen, AceMrFixit!

Last edited:

randyrls

Finally got a celtic cross where it all lines up.......now if I can remember how I did it...............

That looks excellent! Very Nice choice of woods.

Looks Great Rick! I'm still having trouble lining mine up.

When gluing up the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bands, don't try to line up the blank edges, line up the previous inlay bands. Trim the blank edges after gluing all the inlays.

If you leave about 1/16" of blank uncut, the inlays will stay "registered". You must start out with a blank that is large enough to do this.

TribalRR

Like Randy said do not cut all the way through the blank, use inlays that are the same width as your blade's kerf, use a stop block on your fence or sled so you can return the blank the correct place, and finally make sure your blank is geometrically correct. For example, if a 4 sided knot is used, the blanks needs to have sides that are 90 degrees to the adjacent. Or for a round blank, marks showing you the correct orientation.

Top Bottom