A shot at Acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

Thought I'd take a shot at some Acrylics. really pleased with the outcome!

From left to right:
Purple swirl
Ancient Mars
Catacean Sea
Ocean-love this one!
Bubblegum Pink

Thoughts for a first shot, guys.

By the way, any idea on how much I should sell them for? I was thinking of around $65 and $45 for the small ones.

www.yorkshirewoodwrite.com

Attachments

• IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4053.jpg
    IMG_4053.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

Don't know what you should sell them for. As much as possible I guess... :biggrin:

They all look great though. My personal preference is a tad less bulge in a few of them, but I know many people like that.

Now your going to be hooked on the Acrylics/PR. You'll be spending hours looking at all the possibilities out there; not to mention casting. I haven't gotten into casting yet- don't want to venture into that vortex! :biggrin::rolleyes:

yorkie

Yes, I do like the buldge, it seems to bring out the colours a little more and show off more of the blank. It doesn't fit every pen style though.

Yes, getting totally addicted to the Acrylics, don't know that I would ever want to venture into casting though. Now I have to sell some so I can buy more; it's a vicious circle.:eek::glasses-nerdy:

hewunch

I start my capped pens at $80 and they go up from there depending on kit and material. I would price the big ones at $75+ Probably more like $85. I don't know about the small ones. As I recall the Nevoux is a pricey kit, thus it should cost more.

Bree

I start my capped pens at $80 and they go up from there depending on kit and material. I would price the big ones at $75+ Probably more like $85. I don't know about the small ones. As I recall the Nevoux is a pricey kit, thus it should cost more.

I saw the pens and they look great! The price is too low for kits that cost as much as they do. Hans has it pegged much closer to what you should be charging. Heck if you but $30-50 into the kit plus the cost of the blanks, the time to select them, and the time to prep and turn them plus finishing and the amotized value of your equipment... you definitely need to be getting more than $65. My $.02.

Great job on the pens!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

louisbry

Nice group of pens. I don't know the market you will be selling in. Guess there is only one way to find out what you can sell them for.

mickr

Yorkie..I don't believe anyone can tell you what price your market will support..if too high they will sit..if too low, you work for little $..the only real way to know is figure what you spent on the materials & then figure an amt. you would turn them again for...and put that price on them & see what happens...I've only been selling my art for 40 yrs, so I know only a smidge of what I need to know, but that is the best I can send your way

Top Bottom